The document below is a Service Canada internal bulletin (the “Bulletin“).
The Bulletin provides guidance to Service Canada officers regarding the processing of Labour Market Opinions from large scale franchisees seeking NOC C & D positions. It was written in 2009, and although much of the requirements contained within now apply to all employers, however, the Bulletin does provide useful information for applicants trying to fill any NOC C&D position.
The Bulletin states that in addition to the normal LMO requirements for employers seeking to fill NOC C&D positions, the following requirements apply when the employer is a large scale franchisee:
- the advertisement must include the employers’ operating name;
- there must be evidence of ongoing recruitment made which include communities that face barriers to employment;
- employers must state the number of locations for which foreign workers are being sought; and
- the wage being paid.
As well, employers should be prepared to provide the following information:
- the results of recruitment efforts (number of applicants, interviews conducted);
- the number of staff currently employed, as well as the hours of operations and positions occupied by existing staff;
- the benefits offered to existing staff; and
- staff turnover.
Please note that the Bulletin is a copy of an official work by the Government of Canada which was obtained through an Access to Information and Privacy Act Request, and to my knowledge is not otherwise publicly available. While I believe that the Bulletin is still current, I cannot be assured of this. The reproduction of this document has not occurred with the affiliation of the Government of Canada, nor with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.