Post-Graduation Work Permit

A post-graduation work permit allows students who have graduated from most Canadian post-secondary institutions to stay and work in Canada upon graduation.  This permit is strongly recommended to anyone who is about to graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution and is considering remaining in Canada.


The permits are open work permits. There is no requirement for a job offer prior to applying, nor is there a restriction on the type of work that can be performed.  Generally, if a student completed a program of study that was two or more years, the students could apply for a three-year work permit. If the program of study was between eight months and two years, then the student would be eligible for a work permit lasting for a period equal to the duration of studies.

The application for the PGWP must be submitted within 90 days of formal written notification that the student has met the requirements for graduation.

Our Service

Our office has extensive experience dealing with post-graduation work permits, including cases involving individuals who completed multiple programs. We can assist you throughout the process, and combine your post-graduation work permit application with an application for permanent residency.