Home Child-Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot

5th Jul 2019 Comments Off on Home Child-Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot

Last Updated on July 5, 2019 by Steven Meurrens

On June 18, 2019 Canada launched the Home Child-Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot.

The Home Child-Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot are 2 economic pilot programs targeted to foreign national caregivers who:

  • have a job offer or Canadian work experience in an eligible caregiver occupation; and
  • meet minimum education and language proficiency requirements.

The ability to be a foreign caregiver in Canada has largely been restricted to these two programs as the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada has issued Ministerial Instructions refusing to process Labour Market Impact Assessments for caregivers.

Application Caps

A maximum of 2,750 complete applications will be processed per year in each pilot.

Applicants with 24 Months or more of Eligible Experience

Applicants with 24 months or more of eligible Canadian work experience must satisfy the following criteria:

  • meet the minimum language requirements of Canadian Language Benchmark 5 in Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing;
  • meet the minimum education requirements of having either a Canadian one-year post secondary (or higher) educational credential or a foreign educational credential that is equivalent to a completed one-year Canadian post-secondary (or higher) educational credential;
  • meet the work experience requirement; and
  • be admissible to Canada.

Eligible Canadian experience must be full-time work of at least 30 hours per week in the following applications:

  • Home Child-Care Providers (except for foster parents);
  • Home Support Workers.

Housekeepers and related occupations are not eligible to apply.

Canadian work experience does not need to be continuous to qualify,

 » Read more about: Home Child-Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot  »

Read more ›

Temporary Resident Permits

4th Jul 2019 Comments Off on Temporary Resident Permits

Last updated on July 15th, 2021

Last Updated on July 15, 2021 by Steven Meurrens

On June 28, 2019 Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada substantially changed the guidance that it provides to officers regarding the issuance of Temporary Resident Permits (“TRPs“).  The biggest change was the removal of the statement that TRPs could not be issued for administrative convenience.

People who do not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (the “IRPA“), and most commonly people who are criminally inadmissible to Canada and who are not eligible to apply for rehabilitation, require TRPs in order to enter or remain in Canada.

 » Read more about: Temporary Resident Permits  »

Read more ›