Last Updated on November 29, 2011 by Steven Meurrens
The Ottawa Citizen today published two more interesting pieces on the Immigration and Refugee Board and the Federal Court.
The first is titled “Access to Justice Should Not Look Like a Lottery“.
Did you know that:
- Federal court judges deny 85% of all leave applications?
- That once leave is the success rate is almost half?
- That one judge granted leave in 60% of all cases, while another granted leave in less than 1.5% of cases?
- That last year seven IRB members approved fewer than 10% of the asylum claims that they heard. By contrast, 15 members approved 70 percent or more of the claims that they ruled on.
- One approved 94% of her claims, the other approved 0%.
- IRB members make $120,000 per year.